Tuesday 27 November 2012

Events!


According to Elanor Roosevelt, 'Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.'

I'm feeling distinctly average tonight, so here a few reminders:

Stations Launch(es): 

The official publication date is November 29th (that's this Thursday, people!) and there is an unofficial launch at Deptford Library that evening; it's free to attend but you have to book a ticket. From what I've been told, it's much easier to do this over the phone than online -the number to call is 0208 692 4446.

The official launch is on Sunday December 2nd, at the Brunel museum in Rotherhithe, from 12.30 - 2.30.  You can buy the book and get a pound off a train tour through the tunnels, OR you can pay for a train tour and get a pound off the book.  I'm not sure how much the train tour costs, so I can't tell you which option is financially more viable.  For you, I mean - I know which one is (marginally) more financially viable for me, but I wouldn't want that to influence your decision.

Brick Lane Reading:

I (along with quite a few of the other authors) will be reading a short extract of my story at the launch, but if you want to hear the whole thing, I'll be reading it at Brick Lane Books on Thursday 6th December, from 7pm.  Again, there will be a few other authors reading, again it is free and again again you will have to book.  You can tweet them your booking if you like (how modern!), on @BrickLaneBooks - make sure you include 'Stations' in your tweet.  Or you can find them online at www.bricklanebookshop.org, where, under the 'Events' tab, there are full details including an email address for bookings.

(Don't try bricklanebookshop.com like I did.  Unless you're looking for dating tips, in which case: knock yourself out.)



Sorry this is brief, but my NaNoWriMo clock is ticking........ If you can make it to the Brunel museum or Brick Lane, do come and say hello!





No comments:

Post a Comment