Friday 21 September 2012

But......wait! There's more!



One Upon a Time is a flash fiction collection of unexpected, one-page fairytales, including one which was written by me.

Or at least, most of one which was written by me.  If you buy the collection  you might notice that my unexpected fairy story has a slightly unexpected ending.  That’s because the last line is missing.  I’m not quite sure whether it was a mistake or an editorial decision, and that's not really relevant now anyway.  I just thought I’d mention it for anyone who has found their way here after buying the book (there's a list of author blogs in the back) and thought the ending sounded a bit odd.

The final line should be: 
“I do have a question.”.  His faced brightened.  “What’s the Chinese for ‘genie’?”
So now you know. 
To be very clear - and this is something I can't emphasise enough - I'm not complaining. The whole project started life as a fun on-line competition, and like most entrants I was thrilled to bits when the organisers announced their plans to publish.  We all gave our work to the collection free of charge, and any profits (which are likely to be minimal) will be going to charity, so I’d feel like a Grinch if I made a fuss. 

In my own copy of the book, a carefuly placed post-it note has solved the problem.  If you buy a copy, tell me and I'll happily send you one too - can't get fairer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment